- Get Zoom
- Conference Program
- How to appreciate the fully online ECC’20
- Program at a Glance
- Conference Broadcasting
- Plenary Speakers
- Virtual St. Petersburg
- MathWorks Special Session
- Best Student Paper Award
- Conference Editorial Board
- Registration Fees
- Hosting Organization
- Call for Papers
- Copyright Notice
- September 30 October 8, 2019 October 10, 2019
Paper submission deadline
- January 15, 2020
Notification of acceptance
- January 15, 2020
- February 15, 2020
February 17, 2020
February 19, 2020
Final paper upload
- February 15, 2020
Recommended date for visa support letter (invitation) request
- March 9, 2020
- May 12-15, 2020
20.07.2020. Congratulations! 2020 European Control Conference (ECC) has been posted to the IEEE Xplore digital library effective 2020-07-20.
16.05.2020. ECC’20 — 1st Virtual ECC has become a part of history.
It was a success with 374 registrants and more than 30 guests from 45 countries. Many thanks to participants and guests for their virtual coming! We wish good health to everyone and hope that we will have a chance to invite you to visit our beautiful city physically soon for another conference. Photo gallery and reports are to appear.
ECC’20 — 1st Virtual ECC Organizers
|Interactive Discussions and Networking in Online Town|
14.05.2020. ECC20 Social Events: Virtual banquet on May 14 and Virtual Farewell reception on May 15.
During ECC20 a few social events are organized. Most important are virtual banquet and virtual farewell reception.
ECC20 1st Virtual Banquet Agenda.
- General Chair opening remarks (Alexander Fradkov)
- EUCA President speech (Jacquelien Scherpen)
- Presentation of ECC20 IPC and ECC CEB (Dimitri Peaucelle and Antonella Ferrara)
- Presentation of the European Control Award (Jacquelien Scherpen)
- Report on ECC20 Best Student Paper Award - Presentation of finalists (Lorenzo Mario Fagiano)
- Free microphone
- ECC20 General Chair report (Alexander Fradkov)
- Presentation of ECC2021 (Henk Nijmeijer)
Recall the style of the virtual banquet: BYOB – Bring Your Own Beer/Beverages. All Participants and guests are welcome.
ECC20 1st Virtual Farewell Reception Agenda, Friday, May 15.
17:00-18:30 Summarizing experience of ECC20 - Round tables in Rooms 1-8. Special zoom sessions available from the ECC20 website. Concluding remarks of session Chairs/Co-Chairs and open discussion among participants about past, present and future of systems and control. Discussion is conducted in 8 topical tracks of technical program:
- Track T1 - learning and data driven approaches.
- Track T2 - robust control and systems with uncertainties.
- Track T3 - non-linear control.
- Track T4 - automotive and robotics.
- Track T5 - networked multi-agent systems and cooperative control.
- Track T6 - optimal and predictive control.
- Track T7 - diagnosis, identification, estimation and observers.
- Track T8 - applications, in particular in biology and medicine.
18:30-19:00 Closing ceremony, including presentation of ECC20 Best Student Paper Award.
19:00-20:00 Virtual guided tour over Saint Petersburg.
1st Virtual ECC Organizers
13.05.2020. The 1st Virtual ECC is open!
ECC’20 Opening Ceremony and 1st Plenary lecture were attended by 289 unique visitors.
Opening speech of ECC’20 General Chair:
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen,
Dear guests and friends,
It is my great honor and pleasure to open the 2020 European Control Conference, the 1st Virtual ECC and to welcome everybody here in beautiful Saint Petersburg, Russia.
There was a very-very long way to this conference. Our team worked hard, participated in several contests, and got this conference. However the terrible virus tried to destroy our victory. We did not agree with this and prepared the first virtual conference. Now we are all virtually here and we start this conference. We are all the pioneers, both organizers and participants. This conference is a big experiment both in technical program and in social program.
I wish success of this experiment to all of us. We may discuss the first results at the virtual banquet and virtual farewell reception. The organizers would appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you all for your coming and good luck to all of you with the first virtual ECC!
Alexander Fradkov, 1st Virtual ECC General Chair
ECC’20 — 1st Virtual ECC opening tomorrow: May 13, 2020, 9:00 MSK = 8:00 CET = 7:00 BST = 6:00 GMT
We receive a number of messages saying that video and/or audio tracks in the conference proceedings are not playable. Note that such kind of issues can be caused by lack of corresponding video and/or audio codecs on your computer. On our side all the materials have been carefully tested. In case you face that kind of issues, we suggest you to download those videos on your computer and run them using free VLC player available at the following link: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
11.05.2020. INVITATION to ECC 2020 - 1st Virtual ECC
It is our honor and pleasure to invite you to virtually attend the 2020 European Control Conference - 1st Virtual ECC!
Below you will find some tips how to enter ECC20 and how to enjoy its technical sessions and social events.
1. ECC20 will be the 1st fully virtual ECC. It will use a convenient ZOOM platform for running the conference. All attendees are invited to download ZOOM and get ZOOM account at https://ecc20.zoom.us/download.
2. To enter the conference go to https://controls.papercept.net/conferences/conferences/ECC20/proceedings/index.html. Login and password are sent to registered ECC participants and guests.
In the program you will find all PDF files of papers and pre-recorded videos. The presentations can be seen either asynchronously or synchronously with the schedule by following the Zoom button to the right of the session title. The conference rooms will be open during session time according to the ECC20 program. For convenience of the participants and guests the links to the conference rooms are also available on the page: https://ecc20.eu/program/. To activate rooms buttons your should follow the link from the email.
3. For convenience of all interested we will provide open access to the observation of the ECC20 presentations (broadcast) via youtube.
Please visit https://ecc20.eu/broadcast/.
4. Virtual welcome events will take place on May, 12 from 10:00 till 20:00. Local time (Moscow time MSK) is mentioned everywhere corresponding to UTC/GMT+3.
During the whole day training options for testing access to the conference rooms will be available. You will be able to gain experience in using Zoom environment, to test cameras and microphones, changing rooms, etc.
In addition there will be access to virtual tours over Saint Petersburg and its museums from the ECC20 website.
Finally there will be a unique possibility to join LIVE virtual city tour with licensed english speaking guide on May 12 from 18:00 till 19:00. To attend just press an appropriate button on May 12 program.
5. Virtual ECC20 banquet with presentation of ECC20 awards will take place on Trursday, May 14 from 20:00 till 22:00. Further information will be available later.
The natural style of the banquet is BYOB – "Bring Your Own Beverages".
6. Virtual Farewell reception in the "round table" mode will take place immediately after the conference in the same conference rooms. The participants are invited to share the impressions about ECC20 and thoughts about present and future of Control with their colleagues and friends. There will be eight virtual round tables in eight virtual conference rooms corresponding to eight topical conference tracks. The natural style of the reception is BYOB – "Bring Your Own Beverages".
After reception at 19:00 all participants and guests are invited to attend virtual city tours.
Looking forward to virtually meeting you in beautiful Saint Petersburg!
1st Virtual ECC Organizers
08.05.2020. PARTIAL REFUND
On Apr. 10, 2020 we have informed all participants that the registration fees have been reduced due to virtual mode of ECC'20 and the registered participants would receive corresponding refunds UPON REQUEST.
In this message further IMPORTANT INFORMATION is provided.
- All refunds will be made after the conference by the same payment method by which the registration fee was paid. For those paying by card, the refund will be made to the same card with which the payment was made. You are kindly asked to submit your refund request NOT LATER THAN 22nd OF MAY, 2020. Otherwise we cannot guarantee refund due to fiscal problems.
- Since money return to university/corporate bank cards may lead to some bureaucratic problems, delays and money losses within corporate account, we recommend participants to consult with their accounting offices and get confirmation that such a return will be accepted and returned to the payer. Please send us this information to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 22nd OF MAY, 2020.
- Please, perform the refund request NOT LATER THAN 22nd OF MAY, 2020 using the link from an email. If you didn't get the email with refund information and in SPAM folder, please, write us: email@example.com.
- If you paid the registration fee by bank transfer, then please send your refund request and bank transfer details to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 22nd OF MAY, 2020. Note that in most cases bank transaction fees EUR 20-30 may apply.
ECC'20 Finance Chair
During this difficult period, due to the fact that we have to hold a conference online, you will not be able to visit our beautiful and diverse city, which is very frustrating for us. Therefore, we decided to prepare for you a thematic selection of materials illustrating the historical and modern beauty of St. Petersburg. Please, see the page Virtual St. Petersburg.
We are happy to announce a special session organized by MathWorks®* on 15.05.2020 at 14:00-15:00. Prof. Duarte Guerreiro Tome Antunes (Eindhoven University of Technology) will give a talk on «Teaching with MATLAB Live Scripts». All participants are warmly welcomed to attend the special session! For the details follow the link https://ecc20.eu/mathworks/.
*MathWorks® is an Official Gold Sponsor of the European Control Conference 2020.
Organizing Committee has made a decision to organize ECC'20 using ZOOM: https://ecc20.zoom.us/. Each technical session will take place in a separate ZOOM virtual room. All pre-recorded presentations will be broadcasted in these virtual rooms according to the conference program (at UTC+3, Moscow time). The audience in the rooms will be allowed to ask questions and exchange with the authors of the presentations. The detailed information is published here: https://ecc20.eu/rules/.
10.04.2020. GOOD NEWS FOR ECC 20 PARTICIPANTS!
Since organization of the virtual conference costs less than organization of the physical conference, it is decided to reduce the registration fees and make a partial refund to the participants who already paid the registration. It is also decided to reduce additionally the fee for the participants from developing countries (Developing countries are all countries which do NOT belong to the list of "High-Income Economies as of 2019" as defined by the World Bank, see the web-page).
Details see at the Registration Fees page.
09.03.2020 Coronavirus Problems
ECC 20, like IFAC 2020 continuously and carefully monitors the coronavirus development. Preparations for the conference are going on as planned. Most authors of accepted papers have registered. We can assure all authors that all accepted and registered papers will be published as planned. In the case if any circumstances prevent authors to attend the meeting and present their talk in person, their talk will be included into the ECC 2020 Proceedings under condition that the authors pay the registration fee and submit the prerecorded video to the organizers two weeks before the conference.
Final submissions of Extended Abstracts: All accepted Extended Abstract contributions may be modified until February 29, 2020. If not, all initially submitted manuscripts of accepted Extended Abstracts shall be considered as final. There is no obligation to upload new manuscripts. In all cases the files shall not be published but only provided to conference attendees in the conference package. The contributions shall be presented during the conference in regular or interactive sessions provided that at least one author registers and attends the event.
We are pleased to introduce the outstanding plenary speakers for ECC 20:
(Northeastern University, USA)
Some Control Theory Ideas in Systems and Synthetic Biology
Wednesday, May 13, 09:00-10:00
A - 1216, WePA1
(Tel Aviv University, Israel)
Delayed and Sampled-data Control of ODE and PDE Systems
Wednesday, May 13, 12:30-13:30
A - 1216 WePB2
(Concern CSRI "Elektropribor", St. Petersburg, Russia)
Prospects for Gyroscopy
Thursday, May 14, 09:00-10:00
A - 1216, ThPA1
(University of Twente, The Netherlands)
Physical Control for Physical Systems: Why and How
Thursday, May 14, 12:30-13:30
A - 1216, ThPB2
(ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
Online Feedback Optimization with Applications to Power Systems
Friday, May 15, 09:00-10:00
A - 1216, FrPA1
(INRIA, Ecole Polytechnique and Mines Paristech, France)
Towards a fault-tolerant quantum computer
Friday, May 15, 12:30-13:30
A - 1216, FrPB2
The preliminary conference program is currently publicly accessible at the URL https://controls.papercept.net/conferences/conferences/ECC20/program/
Due to numerous requests the final paper upload deadline has been extended to 19 Feb 2020.
In view of the current corona virus epidemia it is decided to introduce distance participation as agreed with European Union Control Association (EUCA) for those who anticipate that it would not be possible for them to attend the meeting and present the talk in person. Such talks will be included into the ECC'20 Proceedings under condition that the authors pay the registration fee and submit the prerecorded video to the organizers two weeks before the conference and will be available for questions after scheduled presentation via Skype. However, if the video record is not submitted to the organizers two weeks before the conference the paper will not be published in IEEEXplore.
Notification of acceptance/rejection for extended abstracts will be sent on Feb 14. Some of accepted extended abstracts will be scheduled to regular sessions while others will be scheduled to interactive sessions.
The ECC'20 Best Student Paper award recognizes excellence in a paper presented at the European Control Conference whose primary author is a student at the time of submission. Please, see details here.
The deadline for Extended Abstract Submission has been extended until February 10, 2020.
The deadline for Final Paper Submissions has been extended until February 17, 2020.
The EUCA Student Travel Support Program is meant to enable high performing students with financial needs, to attend the European Control Conference 2020 (ECC'20), present their paper(s) and become more integrated into the scientific community. Please, see details here.
Please, note, according to the Russian migration legislation, citizens of most countries need a visa to enter Russia. WARNING! Touristic visa is strongly prohibited for access to the Conference. You and your accompanying person should get HUMANITARIAN visa.
- 1. For citizens of more than 50 countries no visa is needed. Please, click to see the list
- 2. Citizens of 53 countries can get an e-visa. Please, click to see the list and instructions
- 3. For the rest cases you should obtain a visa support letter from ITMO University. Please, click to see the list and instructions
Registration is open.
Due to implementation of the improvements for registration form, registration is temporarily unavailable till Jan 20, 2020.
Important information concerning VISA and REGISTRATION issues will be posted on the web-site after Jan 20, 2020.
Great news! You still have time to prepare your submission! Due to numerous requests the deadline for the submission of contributed papers, invited session proposals and invited session papers to ECC2020 has been extended to 10 Oct 2019! Hurry up, it's the final deadline!
Starting from October 1, 2019, citizens of 53 countries can get an e-visa! Please, follow to the page Visa Support for detailed information.
Due to numerous requests the deadline for the submission of contributed papers, invited session proposals and invited session papers to ECC2020 has been extended to Oct. 8 Oct. 10, 2019!
FOUR SERIOUS REASONS TO SUBMIT YOUR PAPER TO ECC 2020:
1. MORE TIME: You have still 16 days to prepare your submission(s)!
2. LESS FEE: ECC 2020 Organizers have decided to REDUCE THE FEE:
the early bird fee for ECC 2020 will be EUR 490.00!
3. EASY VISA: The Russian government has introduced simplified ELECTRONIC VISA to enter RUSSIA and stay up to 8 days for citizens of 53 countries. You will get your visa for less than one week and FREE OF CHARGE. Details will be posted later.
4. MAIN REASON: Saint Petersburg is still beautiful and May is the best time for visit!
Submission to ECC'20 is open!
Deadline for submission of contributed papers is Sept. 30 Oct. 8, 2019 Oct. 10, 2019.
Go to: https://controls.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl and select "Submit a contribution to ECC'20"
European Control Conference (ECC 2020) to be held in beautiful Saint Petersburg, Russia, on May 12-15, 2020.
The conference website is http://ecc20.eu/
English will be the official language of the Conference. No simultaneous translation will be provided.